Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the Madhya Pradesh Startup Policy and spoke to the startup community via video conferencing at the Madhya Pradesh Startup Conclave in Indore. The Prime Minister also unveiled the Madhya Pradesh Startup Portal, which would ease and promote the startup environment in the state.
The event will be attended by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, as well as key officials and entrepreneurs. According to the official, Madhya Pradesh has 1,937 start-ups recognised by the Union government, with women running 45 percent of them.
Various pillars of the startup ecosystem will be represented at the Madhya Pradesh Startup Conclave, including government and private sector policymakers, innovators, entrepreneurs, academicians, investors, mentors, and other stakeholders.
It featured a number of sessions, including:
- A speed mentoring session in which startups interacted with leaders from educational institutions and the startup community.
- A how to start a startup session in which policymakers guided startups.
- A funding session in which entrepreneurs learned about various funding methods.
- A pitching session in which startups had the opportunity to collaborate with investors and pitch their ideas for funding.
- An ecosystem support session in which startups were guided by policymakers.