Edunews

Savitribai Phule Pune University: A 30% cut for 3rd year BSc, full syllabus for commerce


PUNE: Savitribai Phule Pune University has cut 30% of its syllabus for third year BSc examinations stating that a majority of the colleges offering the courses have completed only 30-40% syllabus till now, while the remaining streams have covered at least 90%.

However, students from other streams and their organisations have called for a 30% cut for all courses claiming that colleges offering other courses too are in a similar soup with hardly one-third of the syllabus being taught, so far.

SPPU has decided to conduct examinations for final-year students of all faculties on priority so that the students do not suffer any delays in getting their mark sheets which they may need for higher education and jobs.

Congratulations!

You have successfully cast your vote

“Most courses will begin their final year examinations after June 15. It is important to start their exams early so that they can get their certificates without any delay and apply wherever they want to. In a review meeting, we came to know that only 20% of the colleges offering BSc courses will be able to complete the entire syllabus by this month-end; the remaining 80% of the colleges have till now completed only 40-50% syllabus making it impossible for them to complete it before June 15, post which the final semester examinations are expected to begin,” Sanjay Dhole, chairman of the Committee for Syllabus Finalisation for BSc, said.

A circular regarding the relevant syllabus has been uploaded by the varsity on its portal, which the students have been advised to check and study accordingly for the examination.

However, this syllabus cut is not relevant to other technology branches, Manohar Chaskar, dean of the faculty of science & technology. “In the review meeting with principals and other board members, we were told that the engineering, pharmacy and other branches were in a comfortable position to conduct the examinations for 100% of the syllabus and hence there is no syllabus cut for them. Only the BSc courses are mentioned in the circular,” he said.

Meanwhile, the decision about the syllabus cut on which the even semester examinations will be based is yet to be taken by the humanities faculty, Anjali Kurane, dean of the faculty, said a decision be taken in a couple of days.

Students from commerce and management faculties will have no respite as the university has decided to conduct examinations on 100% of their syllabi.

“We had a review meeting on May 10 when all the colleges said they have finished 90-100% of the syllabus already. By the month-end, all colleges would have completed the syllabus and hence we decided to have the complete syllabus for the examinations,” Parag Kalkar, dean of the faculty, said.





Source link

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *